Mark Andrew Read
A results focused business leader with over 29 years experience in both Listed and Privately Owned global engineering service companies. Experience ranges from Engineering and Construction through to Operations and Maintenance in a wide range of industries including Mining, Power, Environment, Water and Infrastructure.
Strong, proven Leadership and Management skills successfully applied to achieve outstanding growth and improved profitability of Public and Private Companies alike.
Effective strategy development and implementation,
* Sustainable cultural and structural change management, including staff motivation, training and development.
* Successful Merger and Acquisition identification, deal making and integration.
* Design and implementation of a strong Client focused business model.
* Effective development and management of relationships across multiple stakeholders including Public Company investor relations.
* Pragmatic implementation of corporate wide risk management frameworks addressing engineering, construction and operations.
* Operational excellence, including the implementation of world class business systems, processes and practices.
* Exceeding performance targets including safety and profitability.
Mark's experience includes being Managing Director and CEO of the ASX 300 Engineering Company, Sedgman Ltd. Prior to this he had a variety of roles with Sinclair Knight Merz including Global General Manager, Mining and Metals preceded by Chief Operating Officer Asia Pacific, responsible for the Asian Pacific business. Before joining SKM, Mark was employed by BHP engineering undertaking project development work for BHP (now BHPB)
Mark’s qualifications include;
Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (Hons 1), University of Queensland, 1981.
Advanced Management Program, Harvard Business School,
And has the following current affiliations;
Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Fellow, Institution of Engineers, Australia.